Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I Want

I want out of this current depression.

I want my 250k out of life, enough for a home and an annuity to secure the necessities.

I want meaningful work that uses all of my talents, and peers and coworkers who appreciate them.

I want to accelerate the demise of the publishing industry so that it is done within a decade. I want the hierarchical (mainstream) media to disappear on my watch. I want to wipe out the hierarchical DNS.

I want to introduce people to sortition as a viable political system so they know what real democracy looks like.

I want to wipe out the totalitarian web, putting power back in the hands of readers and users instead of solely in writers and programmers, and introduce sharing.

I want to fundamentally alter how programmers are paid for software to both secure a living for them and to align it with the ascendant Attention Economy.

I want to secure a place for designers so they are esteemed and appreciated now and forever.

I want to revolutionize computing and to advance the state of the art (practically frozen in 1980) by 4 decades.

I've known exactly how to do these things for years now. Except the first.

5 comments:

Nevare Stark said...

I want to revolutionize computing and to advance the state of the art

How do you want to do that ?

pswoo said...

And may I ask about the demolition of the publishing industry?

Anonymous said...

It seems like you're going to have to turn into agent 47 to accomplish all of that.

Richard Kulisz said...

Even becoming an assassin would never give me the systematic eradication of the violent psychopaths who enjoy role-playing assassins.

I wish psychopaths didn't read my blog.

Anonymous said...

Are you wealthy? If you value sortition-based systems, then I think you get it. :) I'm no math genius like yourself and EY at LessWrong (and yes, your criticisms of him made me laugh, even though I don't hate the guy). Do you like Kropotkin, etc.?

In any case, seymour_results@yahoo.com is my email if you want to communicate privately.